2023 World Physiotherapy Congress Announcements
July 29, 2022
World Physiotherapy is pleased to announce the first key sessions at the world’s largest gathering of the profession – World Physiotherapy Congress 2023, to be held in Dubai, 2-4 June 2023.
The congress programme includes 17 focused symposia featuring over 60 presenters from 31 countries/territories, including 10 countries/territories that have not been represented at a focused symposium for at least the past three congresses.
Focused symposia are core sessions where cutting edge relevant topics will be explored from an international and diverse perspective. Presenters will create insightful and engaging learning experiences that ultimately inform, inspire, involve, and empower participants. Read the press release with details of the newly announced symposia and the presenters.
Jackie Whittaker, chair of World Physiotherapy’s congress programme committee (CPC), said: “We were incredibly pleased with the breadth and quality of the many proposals we received. The focused symposia to be presented in Dubai combine truly global perspectives with content that we believe represents professional challenges that physiotherapists around the world are facing today. The topics cover a range of timely issues, such as pain management, services for refugees and migrants, health economics, and the role of technology, and are relevant to clinicians, managers, educators and researchers.
“Focused symposia are a great opportunity to hear from experts in their area and gain a unique global understanding and insight into a particular field. The CPC is excited to announce the first confirmed programming for the World Physiotherapy Congress 2023 and is looking forward to developing it further with relevant and innovative content.”
Each focused symposium is organised by an expert in the field, who leads an international group of presenters working together and engaging with the audience to draw out the relevance, challenges, applicability and take-home messages.
|Call for abstract submissions is open|
|The call for abstracts for poster and platform presentations is open.
The World Physiotherapy congress offers you a unique opportunity to present to a global audience at the profession’s largest international meeting. Whether you have been working on a research project or have an innovative service, practice, resource, or theory to share, World Physiotherapy is encouraging physiotherapists from all over the world, at every level of the profession, to submit their abstracts.
Abstracts are invited that:
· report on the latest research with original scientific data (this includes systematic/narrative reviews and meta-analyses; submissions with pending results and study protocols will not be accepted)
· address new and unique developments in practice, theory, education, management, policy and resources
· describe innovative ways in which established methods have been adapted to meet the changing needs of practice
Find out more: https://wp2023.world.physio/#/programme/abstracts
Deadline for abstract submissions: 29 September 2022
Abstract presentation formats
You can present your abstract at congress as a platform or poster presentation.
- are scheduled for eight minutes, followed by two minutes for questions in each presentation.
- Printed poster presentations are grouped by topic within the poster area. Presenters have a designated presentation time during the lunch break for discussion with participants. There is a limitation on printed posters we can accommodate.
- ePoster presentations will be scheduled in the programme and grouped by topic. A chair will lead live discussions at congress between onsite presenters and participants, with posters on electronic screens.
Platform and poster presentations are considered by the congress programme committee (CPC) to be of equal standing and judged by the same criteria. While presenters may indicate their preferred format of presentation, platform, printed poster or ePoster, the CPC will assign abstracts to sessions.
World Physiotherapy has put together support to help abstract submitters.
World Physiotherapy is offering a mentoring programme for all abstract submitters. The programme is in place until 8 September 2022. It aims to help authors present their material clearly and concisely prior to submitting the abstract to the formal abstract review process. The programme may be particularly helpful for those:
- who don’t have local/national research support networks
- where English is not the first language
- with little experience of abstract submissions
World Physiotherapy is hosting informal drop-in sessions where participants will be able to ask questions live to CPC members Catherine Joy Escuadra and Nathan Hutting. Find out more about dates and times and book your place: https://wp2023.world.physio/#/programme/abstracts/support
- Watch CPC member Natasha Hinwood share her tips: My first abstract submission
- 2021 outstanding platform presentation award winner Edward Gorgon shares his tips for abstract submission
- CPC members from 2021 and 2023 share their top tips for abstract submissions in a series of videos in Arabic, English, Japanese, and Spanish.