Developing an international competent physiotherapy community that provides oncology patients with the best practiced evidenced based physiotherapy services through out their cancer care continuum.
Objectives for the next 2 years:
- To promote and facilitate the evidence based best-practice physiotherapy for people living with and beyond cancer internationally.
(Through Developing Guidelines, Exchange information and programs, collaboration between different countries)
- To enhance training on oncology physiotherapy to improve competences and fill up the gaps in knowledge internationally (both basics and advance trainings, symposia, meetings, workshops)
- To encourage collaboration with cancer organizations, associations and institutes to build up networking and increase the reach through them.
- To build a network of international members( increase engagement- networking and information exchange)
- To increase the medical community awareness about the role of physiotherapy in Oncology services especially in less privileged countries.
- To increase the reach of the specialized Oncology services utilizing tele-medicine between countries.
Oncology Special Interest Group Leader
Nouf Al Dhwayan (Saudi Arabia)